How to get a Library Card:
BASIC CARDS: It’s easy! Just come in with your Driver’s License and fill out a registration card!
- Alternatives to a Driver’s License include a combination of photo ID and official correspondence such as a utility bill, lease agreement, or bank statement with your name and current address.
TEEN ACCESS CARDS: Young adults ages 13-17 may now register independently for Library Cards!
- No need for a parent or guardian to sign your registration card.
- Acceptable ID includes non-driver IDs, permits, and school ID. Other forms of ID may be acceptable. If you have questions please inquire at the circulation desk.
- Teen Access Cards allow young adults to check out up to three items at a time, order items from the MHLS catalog, and access electronic resources such as eBooks and databases.
- View our Teen Access Card policy here.
YOUTH CARDS: Youth under 13 are eligible for cards but must be signed for by an accountable parent or guardian at registration. Guardians will be accountable for items taken out on associated youth cards. Parent/guardian ID is necessary for youth card registration.