Your Library Card grants you access to roughly 2.25 million items from over 60 Mid-Hudson Library System member libraries — as well as access to a variety of digital resources! Available materials requested through the online public access catalog typically arrive within a few days via the MHLS transit system. You will be notified by phone or email when your items arrive.
Types of Cards (& how to get them!):
- Basic Cards grant access to MHLS & RHPL resources to anyone age 18+ who lives in the Mid-Hudson Library System service area! Find the items you want online through our public access catalog!
- Want a card? It’s easy! Just come in with your Driver’s License and fill out a registration card!
- Alternatives to a Driver’s License include a combination of photo ID and official correspondence such as a utility bill, lease agreement, or bank statement with your name and current address.
- Online cards grant access to our digital collections without having to come in to the library to register for a card. With your Online Card, access a variety of valuable eResources:
- Want an Online Card? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Access Cards:
- Young adults ages 13-17 may now register independently for Library Cards!
- Teen Access Cards allow young adults to check out up to three items at a time, order items from the MHLS catalog, and access electronic resources such as eBooks and databases.
- With a Teen Access Card, there is no need for a parent or guardian to sign your registration card.
- Acceptable ID includ es non-driver IDs, permits, and school ID. Other forms of ID may be acceptable. If you have questions please inquire at the circulation desk.
- View our Teen Access Card policy here.
- Youth Cards are available for individuals under 18 and grant access to the same materials as Basic Cards, but must be signed for by a parent or guardian with valid ID at registration.
- Guardians will be accountable for items taken out on associated youth cards.